Get the best deals on phones and laptops instantly Join WhatsApp Group
Home Gaming System
At home, the main unit rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock, which connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room.
Lift the Nintendo Switch from the dock, and it near-instantly transitions to handheld mode for on-the-go gaming. By sharing Joy-Con, players can go head-to-head while away from your TV. You can also enjoy the same great games in tabletop mode by using the built-in kickstand to prop the system up.
New Play Styles
Remove the detachable Joy-Con from either side of Nintendo Switch for more play styles: one player can use a Joy-Con in each hand, or two players can each take one. Connect up to eight Joy-Con controllers for a variety of gameplay options.
- When used together, the Joy-Con replicate traditional inputs of previous platforms, including dual two analog sticks, A/B/X/Y buttons and directional buttons (in lieu of a d-pad), and four shoulder buttons.
- Each Joy-Con can be used as a single controller. When playing this way, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R) have the same layout. When a Joy-Con is held horizontally, the SL and SR buttons on top can be use as shoulder buttons. (Attaching the included Joy-Con Strap makes these buttons more prominent.)
- Capture Button: The Capture Button is located on Joy-Con (L) and is used to take gameplay screen shots. The player can then view, edit (add text of various sizes, colors and positions), and post them to popular social media networks
- Motion Control: Each Joy-Con includes a gyroscope and accelerometer.
- HD Rumble: Both Joy-Con include advanced HD Rumble, which can provide compatible games with subtle, realistic vibrations, allowing you to, for example, feel the sensation of individual ice cubes colliding inside a glass when shaking a Joy-Con.
- IR Motion Camera: Joy-Con (R) includes an IR Motion Camera that can detect the distance, shape, and motion of nearby objects in specially designed games. For example, it can tell how far away a player's hand is, and even if the hand is forming a rock, paper or scissors shape.
- amiibo: There is an NFC reader/writer located on Joy-Con (R). (This is also included in the separately sold Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.) The Nintendo Switch is compatible with existing amiibo; usage is game-dependent.
- Rechargeable: Joy-Con charge while attached to a Nintendo Switch system, both in the Dock and in handheld mode. They can also be charged using a Nintendo Switch Charging Grip accessory (sold separately).
- Release Button: On the back of each Joy-Con is a small button that is pressed to detach the controller from the main unit. They slide on and off using a built-in rail system.
Enhanced Parental Controls
The system includes various on-device parental controls, but parents can also download a smart device application that can be used to easily and conveniently monitor and set parental controls for a Nintendo Switch system.
More System Features
Nintendo Switch has a 6.2-inch capacitive multi-touch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720.
When using the Nintendo Switch Dock, signals up to 1080p can be output via HDMI.
TV Mode supports 5.1-channel surround sound. Using the system's built-in audio jack, stereo speakers or headphones can be used when played in handheld or tabletop modes.
Battery life is approximately 4.5 to 9 hours, but this will vary depending on the software and usage conditions. For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly 5.5 hours on a single charge. While away from home, Nintendo Switch can be charged via its USB Type-C port.